The WRCTC delivers relevant, operational-level training to local, state and federal law enforcement agencies and community-based organizations in support of national priorities, and serves as a force multiplier in the global narcotics threat and transnational organized crime reduction efforts.
What We offer:
Opioid Awareness Seminar
- Understand how pain receptors works in the human body and how opioid pain medications affect these receptors.
- Analyze current national and statewide trends in regards to adolescent opioid abuse.
- Understand the pharmacology of other opioid compounds and how they can become an attractive replacement to opioid pain medications.
- Describe the signs of an opioid overdose.
- Understand statewide trends regarding drug related overdose deaths.
- Recognize the warning signs of a possible opioid addiction.
- Understand what can be done at the school/community level to help combat the opioid epidemic.