The WRCTC delivers relevant, operational-level training to local, state and federal law enforcement agencies and community-based organizations in support of national priorities, and serves as a force multiplier in the global narcotics threat and transnational organized crime reduction efforts.
What We offer:
Length: 2 Days (16 Hours)
Designed for: Personnel from any agency, who investigate, or are planning to investigate, or are interested in the diversion of legitimate pharmaceuticals into illicit markets. This class will be beneficial to uniformed, regulatory and narcotics officers who come in contact with individuals who may be involved in this diversion of legitimate pharmaceuticals.
Description: This course presents an overview of the investigative knowledge and tools to conduct sophisticated cases involving the movement of licit prescription drugs to an illicit market. The instructor will provide examples of each type of investigation from the self-user to the trafficking by organized crime, transnational criminal organizations (TOC) and terrorist groups.
- Review issues surrounding use and abuse of pharmaceuticals
- Identify pharmaceutical drugs by basic pharmacological classes
- Review tools used to conduct diversion cases
- Learn how to write a diversion report and search warrant
- Review actual cases from intelligence gathering to adjudication
- Understand lessons learned in cases and how they can be conducted more efficiently